In 2012 Utah recorded 6.6 million national park visits, 5.1 million national monument, recreation area and historical site visits, 5.1 million state park visits, as well as 4.0 million skier days during the 2012/2013 season. In 2012, the top international markets included visitors from Canada, France, Australia, Germany, United Kingdom, and China.
If tourism were an export it would be the state’s second largest
export behind primary metals ($12.2 billion) and well ahead of computers and electronics ($2.2 billion).
- 6.5 million recreation visits were made to Utah’s five national parks during 2012.
- 5.1 million recreation visits occurred at Utah’s seven national monuments, two national recreation areas, and one national historic site.
- 5.1 million visitors enjoyed Utah’s 43 state parks
- Tourists contributed $6.8 billion to the state's economy in 2012
- This represents a tax relief in the amount of $1000 per household for Utah.
Learn more by reading the 2012 Utah Tourism at a Glance and check out the following commercial entitled "The Mighty Five."